Sponsor a Supervised Flossing and Brushing Program for a classroom or an entire school in your community.
TeethFirst offers a new model of strategic philanthropy in oral health care led by dentists. In joining the revolution, you are promoting your values and your practice, creating a winning situation for all involved. You also make the biggest difference for the children who need it the most.
TeethFirst promotes a shift towards SOCIETY EMBRACING ORAL HEALTH, filling the oral hygiene gap, by launching Supervised Flossing and Brushing Programs in Elementary Schools. We also invite all stakeholders in communities to think of what they can do to support oral health.
In its Vision 2020 Article, the World Dental Federation states that worldwide, oral disease is the fourth most expensive disease to treat; dental caries affects most adults and 60 to 90% of schoolchildren, leading to millions of lost work / school days each year. Caries is the most common chronic disease, because oral health has failed to be considered worthy of being moved to the top agendas of government. Or perhaps because of a lack of vision in dentistry.
Oral health is an essential component of overall health and a fundamental human right.
TeethFirst offers a new model of oral health care. It’s happening outside of dental offices but it is led by dentists in collaboration with stakeholders in education and commerce all over. TeethFirst promotes a shift towards SOCIETY EMBRACING ORAL HEALTH, filling the oral hygiene gap, by making oral hygiene as accessible as hand hygiene.
Express your values and build a higher profile in your community by:
- Sponsoring a Supervised Flossing and Brushing Program in a classroom or a whole school in your community.
- Choosing to give Oh’Pals to your patients. Every time you do so, TeethFirst gives back to a school program.
- Raising awareness about the importance of making oral hygiene accessible after every meal consumed away from home.
- Inviting your municipality / community to place oral health at the center of its decision making processes.
- Promoting the implementation of after-meals oral hygiene programs in all schools and businesses.
- Supporting your community’s shift with educational presentations in schools, businesses and at health fairs.
- Contributing to this movement as a form of strategic philanthropy.